On 4 Jul 2005, at 22:04, Alex Tweedly wrote:

Is there something else I ought to do (or not do) here ?

Create a new mainstack
Create a button in it  (all default values)

edit the card script to say

on mouseMove
 put the loc of button "button" into tLoc
 put item 1 of the mouseloc into item 1 of tLoc
 set the loc of button "button" to tLoc
end mouseMove

and the button moves along with the mouse, just like you'd want.

Then Inspect the button, and select "default button" - now the button moves, but leaves behind "droppings" as it moves.

On OS X, I get the droppings too, (I always wondered what the technical term was. Thanks.) but only when the button is selected and is set as default. It seems the droppings are left by the selection handles, and not the button. Is that the same on Windows?

Cheers
Dave