On Aug 8, 2006, at 4:56 AM, Bill Marriott wrote:

Except that <title> has a defined, special meaning that Rev knows about -- which is to specify the title of a document -- and that is by definition
distinct from the content. The <foo> tag however, is undefined.

I believe that it's appropriate to "strip" out the information between title
tags and to preserve the information between "foo" tags.

By reference, see:

http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/html3/HTMLandSGML.html

That is an HTML document.

You are assuming that a field and htmlText has something to do with HTML.

What do you base this assumption on?

It is clear that htmlText is a view that is html-like. There is no reason to expect it to process HTML when it is dumped into the property.

(Now, I do think htmlText when retrieved might be closer to HTML, such as the handling of white space, but that is a different issue. Maybe it is even possible for retrieved htmlText to closely render in HTML.)

There is no reason to expect a field to process HTML when it is dumped into the field's htmlText property.

Stripping <title> is bizarre.

Dar Scott