On 11/17/06, Hershel Fisch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi all, I'd like to know how others write a function like this.
TIA Hershel

function fNumericToMoney
  put param(1) into tParam
  if tParam contains "." then
    put offSet(".",tParam)-1 into tTs
    put 3 into tC
  else
    put the number of chars in tParam into tTs
    put 0 into tC
  end if
  repeat while tTs >3
    add 3 tC
    put "," before char -tC in tParam
    add 1 to tC
    subtract 3 from tTs
  end repeat
  return "$" & tParam
end fNumericToMoney

This is very similar to the function I use, although I would recommend
specifying a parameter instead of just using the params.

Also, you need to check that the number doesn't already contain any
commas or dollar signs, so replace them with empty before you start.
Then add a check for the parameter actually being a number.

Sarah