On Jun 7, 2007, at 8:23 PM, Trevor DeVore wrote:

Right. Defining our own syntax would give us that. We would want an improved externals interface of course). I would love to have english like syntax wrapped around the QT external or a database library. Hopefully someday.

Spinnaker Plus (later marketed as WinPlus) was an xTalk that had externals—what they called "software slot objects",—which did allow you to parse the script from the point at which the external command or function was called. In your C code, you simply asked for the next token(s) and interpreted or evaluated the values. Simple and elegant. I look forward to the equivalent in Rev someday.

Tereza Snyder
Califex Software, Inc.