I'll first clean it up, back-engineer and improve it,

-Mark H

OK, here's a preliminary version that works pretty well, but slow.. The patterns are different in each tile, no repetitions and no continuous pattern, because the StoneID variable is different for each tile (but constant inside each tile) and is used as input for the pattern generators. It's completely procedural now, no textures and no need for rotations any more. The procedural color is a simple noise, and also depends on the cracks. Surface Geometry is executed before Surface Properties, so we can use values calculated there to influence color! Still endless possibilities to explore, I'll try to make marble tiles next.
There's still a lot of Arjo's code in here btw!

-Mark H