I've been using RS a long time, albeit not quite as long as Mark -
just since V2 on Amiga - but like Mark, the way that RS works fits
me just right (even though I'm not as active as I used to be, I
still get the occasional idea for a pic and manage to 'dribble' out
a few new pics each year.)

I think that one of the important factors that needs to be
remembered concerning RS is the price/performance trade-off that it
offers.  RS hasn't been produced by a large organisation, with
extra staff dedicated to promotion; it's pretty much just a two-man
show.

I think the bottom line is you pays your money and takes your
choice.  If you want more support, beyond that offered by other
users, then perhaps you need to pay more to a larger organisation
that uses that extra money to employ promotional staff.

LeeE