Thanks Jonathan. I assumed since each data center owned the full key space that the first replica would be stored in the dc of the coordinating node, the 2nd in another dc, and the 3rd+ back in the 1st dc. But, are you saying that the first endpoint is selected regardless of the location of the coordinating node? Are you saying that the starting endpoint is the one closest to the row token regardless of the dc? So, it is possible that a replica might not even get stored in the dc of the coordinator at all depending on how many dc's there are, rf, starting token assignments, etc.?