+1 Yes, that is what I'm talking about Eric. Maybe I could write my own strategy, I dunno. I'll have to understand more first.

On 6/17/2011 10:37 AM, Sasha Dolgy wrote:
+1 for this if it is possible...

On Fri, Jun 17, 2011 at 6:31 PM, Eric tamme<eta...@gmail.com>  wrote:
What I don't like about NTS is I would have to have more replicas than I
need.  {DC1=2, DC2=2}, RF=4 would be the minimum.  If I felt that 2 local
replicas was insufficient, I'd have to move up to RF=6 which seems like a
waste... I'm predicting data in the TB range so I'm trying to keep replicas
to a minimum.

My goal is to have 2-3 replicas in a local data center and 1 replica in
another dc.  I think that would be enough barring a major catastrophe.  But,
I'm not sure this is possible.  I define "local" as in the same data center
as the client doing the insert/update.
Yes, not being able to configure the replication factor differently
for each data center is a bit annoying.  Im assuming you basically
want DC1 to have a replication factor of {DC1:2, DC2:1} and DC2 to
have {DC1:1,DC2:2}.

I would very much like that feature as well, but I dont know the
feasibility of it.

-Eric