I’d rather focus on what Fauxton is missing, since the plan is to remove Futon
as soon as we can.

I agree that we should be responsive to users unless supporting IE 8 is a
significant burden (I’ve no idea tbh, I’m aware there’s an epoch that IE
reached where supporting it wasn’t as onerous as usual, is that 8?) but it’s
still true that this a volunteer project with very few Windows users (accessing
the admin UI from Windows is much less controversial than running our database
on Windows, at least!). I don’t think the OP was *demanding* IE 8 support as
strongly as it could be read, and I think it’s clear from follow up comments
that we all know that demands are neither appropriate or effective.

B.