Grandia, Gerco wrote:

Hi guys,

We're using Forrest for a couple of months now and we're quite happy with it, but lately we're getting 'Unrecognized file format' exceptions when retrieving certain pages. These pages work fine when

am using the in-built forrest web server, but on the production

system
(with Tomcat) it keeps on bugging me. I have searched the internet

but
found very little information about this, although it seems a common

issue.

Sorry if I am posting a Cocoon question here, but even if the only

way
to solve it is to upgrade to a newer version of Cocoon, then I still would like now how to do it, because the upgrade procedure described is Unix/Linux based and we are working on a Windows box.

We are going to need much more information that this.

Most importantly are you serving the site statically or dynamically?
(I assume dynamic since you mention Tomcat)

In addition it would help to know:

What kind of files are they?
What are they generated from?
Do you have any special processing on your system (i.e. a custom

sitemap)?

Ross

Thanks for your time.

1) Yes, we are serving the site dynamically.
2) The files are plain (xml) text files (xdoc), according to
http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd.

OK that's the source format, I meant what is the target format (pdf, html ro something else?)

3) I do not understand the 'what are they generated from' but I guess
you mean which editor we are using. In that case: Eclipse.

You already answered with 2 (I should make my questions clearer)

4) Yes, but the page giving problems is not using them.

Hmmm... you *think* it is not using them. Lets not rule it out just yet, we may come back to this.

It just occured to me your site is online, is it publically available, if so a link to a problem page would help immensely.

Ross