>>>Hmmm... you *think* it is not using them. Lets not rule it out just
>>
>> yet, we may come back to this.
>>
>> Agree, you never know. I will attach the sitemap, and the URL we are
>> using and that's causing us trouble is
>> http://rbtmain/docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html.
>
>I agree that it doesn't look like it's your sitemap getting in the way.
>
>>>It just occured to me your site is online, is it publically
available,

>> if so a link to a problem page would help immensely.
>>
>> Unfortunately not, it's an intranet site. However, I the error
message
>> is listed below:
>> Message: null
>> Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
>> Source: Cocoon Servlet
>> Request URI: vf-global-ue/downloads.html
>> Cause: Unrecognized file format.
>> request-uri: /docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html
>
>What do you see in WEB-INF/logs/error.log?

Nothing, although I have put the error logging to DEBUG, that doesn't
seem to make a difference.
In the stdout from tomcat I see the following message:

INFO: ERROR   (2005-05-27) 14:37.30:421   [access  ]
(/docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html)
http-80-Processor24/CocoonServlet: Internal Cocoon Problem
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
org.xml.sax.SAXException: Unrecognized file format.
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
XMLPipeline(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:542)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.impl.AbstractCachingProcessingPipe
line.processXMLPipeline(AbstractCachingProcessingPipeline.java:166)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.pipeline.AbstractProcessingPipeline.process
(AbstractProcessingPipeline.java:478)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.SerializeNode.invoke(
SerializeNode.java:134)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.
invokeNodes(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:76)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ContainerNode.invoke(Containe
rNode.java:38)
        at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.CategoryNode.invokeByName(Cat
egoryNode.java:66)