Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Jacek Laskowski
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 15. März 2007 11:30
An: user@geronimo.apache.org
Betreff: Re: Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version
for development?

On 3/15/07, Joseph Kulandai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Is Version 1.1.1(Released September 18, 2006) the stable version for
> development?
>
> I am planning to use Geronimo for development and I would like to know
> which version is the latest stable version now? Please help me on this.

I'm biased so take it with a grain of salt.

I'd say go for Apache Geronimo v2
(http://geronimo.apache.org/2007/03/08/apache-geronimo-20-m3-released.html)
that comes with the latest Java EE 5 bits. To me, 1.1.1 is as stable as 2.0M3
and don't be misled 1.1.1 is better (in terms of stability) than 2.0M3 only
because of the release number.

There's also the Geronimo Eclipse plugin to help you get started with Java EE 5
and Geronimo (http://geronimo.apache.org/development-tools.html). Download the
unofficially official daily driver from. It's listed in the Daily Drivers of
the Downloads section. It works with Eclipse IDE 3.3m5eh + WTP 2.0m5.

When in doubt, ask your questions here. There's no better way to learn new
stuff than asking about it in public ;-) Also, you may've noticed there's a
shortage of 2.0 documentation so your questions and answers are likely to
become part of it, too.

Take a look at the website to find out more about Apache Geronimo and report
any issues you run into on the user mailing list.

Happy Java EE 5 coding with Apache Geronimo!

Jacek

--

Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl