On Jul 16, 2008, at 6:27 PM, jklcom99 wrote:

Kevan,
Your assumption is correct.  I've moved the jms connector into my ear
deployment plan as you suggested.  JMS is now happy.
I'll see if I can mock up some artifacts for you.

I spoke with David Blevins about this problem. Looks like OpenEJB is not setting the MDB classloader before the message is delivered to the MDB, by ActiveMQ. Thus the ClassLoader in effect, when the connector is deployed separately, is the Connector ClassLoader, instead of the MDB ClassLoader.

By the way, there's another potential work-around -- add a dependency in your appJMS module for the necessary jar files (which you have installed into your repository).

--kevan