This looks ok to me. I think maybe we didn't ship the tranql oracle wrappers with geronimo until a later geronimo release: I think they are in 2.1.3.

The values in your geronimo plan override the defaults in ra.xml, but don't change the contents of ra.xml.

If you are still having problems with this you might try changing to <no-transaction/> and see what happens. Obviously you won't want to use this in production but if it works it may help figure out what is wrong.

Does your code start by creating tables and the problem you are seeing is that when you try to use them they have not been created? Or are the tables created by some other process like running a script on the db by hand?