Sorry, I forgot to mention: I am doing a deployment with the --inPlace parameter, so the application is not being copied to the Geronimo repository.

Greets,
Patrick

Patrick Kranz schrieb:
Hello list,

I´ve been working with Geronimo for some days now and I have a question regarding the deployment process, especially about what happens behind the scenes.

I am working on a project that has a lot of content (mainly JSPs but also images, pdfs and so on). For the development environment this content is reduced to a minimum, that is something around 800MB. The live system has more data because customers can upload images and even small videos. This data is placed on a file server and mounted via NFS on the development machines, where the content is linked from the docroot using symbolic links.

If I start this scenario with Tomcat, the application start takes about 3,5 minutes (really application startup, no copying of data). If I try the same with Geronimo startup takes about 30 minutes with the system almost being idle and enormous network traffic. If I copy all the static content to my system and start geronimo it takes about 5 minutes.

So, my question is, what does Geronimo do in the background that causes this startup time if the content is on a network share and can I prevent this from happening?

Thanks in advance for every help!

Greets,
Patrick

Geronimo 2.1.4