Hi Ivan,

sorry it took me so long to answer.

No, the log files don´t give any hint about what is going on. It only prints messages coming from our application and those messages are the same for both cases (started with all data on the local disk and started with data located on an NFS share).

Patrick

Ivan schrieb:
Does Geronimo output anything in the deployment process, could you please show us those logs ?
Ivan

2009/4/30 Patrick Kranz <patrick.kr...@immobilienscout24.de <mailto:patrick.kr...@immobilienscout24.de>>

    Sorry, I forgot to mention: I am doing a deployment with the
    --inPlace parameter, so the application is not being copied to the
    Geronimo repository.

    Greets,
    Patrick

    Patrick Kranz schrieb:

        Hello list,

        I´ve been working with Geronimo for some days now and I have a
        question regarding the deployment process, especially about
        what happens behind the scenes.

        I am working on a project that has a lot of content (mainly
        JSPs but also images, pdfs and so on). For the development
        environment this content is reduced to a minimum, that is
        something around 800MB. The live system has more data because
        customers can upload images and even small videos. This data
        is placed on a file server and mounted via NFS on the
        development machines, where the content is linked from the
        docroot using symbolic links.

        If I start this scenario with Tomcat, the application start
        takes about 3,5 minutes (really application startup, no
        copying of data). If I try the same with Geronimo startup
        takes about 30 minutes with the system almost being idle and
        enormous network traffic. If I copy all the static content to
        my system and start geronimo it takes about 5 minutes.

        So, my question is, what does Geronimo do in the background
        that causes this startup time if the content is on a network
        share and can I prevent this from happening?

        Thanks in advance for every help!

        Greets,
        Patrick

        Geronimo 2.1.4