On Tue, May 23, 2023 at 10:05 PM Michael Jumper <mjum...@apache.org> wrote:

> What are the differences?
>
> What parameters are you sending to the RDP connection?

The only difference is the java code, the rest is the same as in the example.

@Override
protected GuacamoleTunnel doConnect(HttpServletRequest
httpServletRequest) throws GuacamoleException {
  // Create our configuration
  GuacamoleConfiguration config = new GuacamoleConfiguration();
  config.setProtocol("rdp");
  config.setParameter("hostname", "172.19.185.58");
  config.setParameter("port", "3389");
  config.setParameter("username", "User");
  config.setParameter("password", "user");
  config.setParameter("ignore-cert", "true");
  // Connect to guacd - everything is hard-coded here.
  GuacamoleSocket socket = new ConfiguredGuacamoleSocket(
      new InetGuacamoleSocket("localhost", 4822),
      config
  );

  // Return a new tunnel which uses the connected socket
  return new SimpleGuacamoleTunnel(socket);
}

> What kind of RDP server are you connecting to?

To a Windows 11 VM.

> What do you see in the guacd logs and browser dev tools? In the
> screenshot provided, it looks like there is an error present.

It's a bogus error, failing to load favicon.ico.

guacd logs:

guacd_compose         | guacd[7]: INFO: Creating new client for protocol "rdp"
guacd_compose         | guacd[7]: INFO: Connection ID is
"$fa4e7fb8-64cf-497b-8a0b-023067d02d3f"
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       No security mode
specified. Defaulting to security mode negotiation with server.
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       Resize method: none
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       No clipboard
line-ending normalization specified. Defaulting to preserving the
format of all line endings.
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       User
"@c1ebcafe-fb8f-4596-bfc6-979e3ab14d64" joined connection
"$fa4e7fb8-64cf-497b-8a0b-023067d02d3f" (1 users now present)
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       Loading keymap "base"
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       Loading keymap "en-us-qwerty"
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       Connected to RDPDR
1.13 as client 0x0003
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       Connected to RDPDR
1.13 as client 0x0002
guacd_compose         | guacd[434]: INFO:       RDPDR user logged on

When I use the main Guacamole web UI the connection to the same
machine works just fine. Guacamole runs in docker.

There's one strange thing happening. While the custom app is connected
and showing the blank screen, I connect from the main web UI. This
causes the custom app to be disconnected (as expected). But then the
canvas of the custom app displays the frozen screen of the target
machine. So it kind of shows something but only after it's
disconnected.