From: Kai Voigt
Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2014 4:10 PM
To: user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Started learning Hadoop. Which distribution is best for native
install in pseudo distributed mode?

3. seems a biased and incomplete statement.

Cloudera’s distribution CDH is fully open source. The proprietary „stuff" you
refer to is most likely Cloudera Manager, an additional tool to make
deployment, configuration and monitoring easy.

Nobody is required to use it to run a Hadoop cluster.

Kai (a Cloudera Employee)

Am 12.08.2014 um 21:56 schrieb Adaryl Bob Wakefield, MBA