Actually there  was another thread about using MR for ML but I didn't see
many responses. I use Octave or R for this but it would be useful to know
how this is solved using Hadoop. The closest community that has an interest
in this could be H2o but they have implemented MR for their engine to solve
these problems. That is what I understand. So we may be able to look at
their code but that could be tedious.

Mohan