Hello
Couple of things I would like to with my experience

1. Cache Groups : Around 100 caches, I do not think we need to go for Cache
groups, as you mentioned cache groups will have impact on you read/writes.
However, changing the partition count to 128 from default 1024 would improve
your cluster restart.

2. I doubt if Ignite has any settings we have for this.

3. The only I can think of is to keep the data in on-heap if the data size
is not so huge.

4. Read through, with native persistence enabled, doing a read to the disk
will load the cache. But the read is much slower compared with read from
RAM, by default it does not pre-load the data. If you want to avoid this you
can pre-load the data programatically and load Memory, good for even SQL
SELECT as well. But with the 3rd party persistence, we need to pre-load the
data to make your read work for SQL SELECT.

Thanks
Naveen