Hi JB,

I don’t think the antivirus is an issue in my case.

I did disable Windows Defender. My test case is with a single bundle that is
installed via this command:

install reference:file://$eclipse_projects/sample.bundle.a
<file:///$eclipse_projects/sample.bundle.a>

The location $eclipse_projects points to the local file system where Eclipse
projects for bundles reside.

From Active state I run command update sample.bundle.a

I see that the entire bundle start part of the update consists of two parts.
Right after the activation process starts I see a delay. No logging occurs,
even with the log level set to TRACE. Then log output starts showing
initialization of my bundle’s components/services.

The latter part runs quick on both Windows and Mac and take about 1 sec.
However, the former part that is silent and takes about 5 sec on Mac and 20 sec
on Windows. So, 4 times slower on Windows.

What happens with the bundle at the start? Are files copied? I do suspect it
has something to do with the file IO.

Thank you,
Oleg