> 1) The exception "No Common Superclass:javax/crypto/SecretKey
> javax/crypto/SecretKeyFactory" is from the liquibase pro package, as
> you can see in the stacktrace. But I do not understand that, because
> that package is not part of the 4.9.1 liquibase-core.jar. It might be
> however that we are not seeing that error because we do not use the
> Liquibase class.

Thanks for the info.

I'd put that one off for later, since it didn't seem to affect the rest
of the operation.  So I hadn't studied it closesly.

Maybe it'll disappear when I stop using the Liquibase class...? :-)

> 2) The XSDLookUpException is because liquibase cannot find the xsd's
> located in liquibase-core-4.9.1.jar\www.liquibase.org\xml\ns\dbchangelog,
> it's a classLoader issue I guess.

Yep! The OSGi class loader only loads classes from other bundles. All
resources are local bundle only.

I've actually used that to good effect in bundles where I've used
Liquibase, but I've landed on having each project having its own unique
file naming, when I had to load two liquibase-loading bundles as normal
jar files in a unit test, and the changelog files suddenly
overlapping...

> 3) The spifly startlevel seems to be important indeed. Since I lowered it's
> startLevel in our own code, the exception did not occur anymore.

Yep!

> 4) I don't know which approach you're supposed to use, sorry.

I'll figure it out eventually, I'm too stubborn to give up. :-)

> 5) fyi, I'm using this to assert the exception. Maybe it's useful for you
> as well ..

> Stream<String> lines = Files.lines(Paths.get("data/log/karaf.log"));
> lines.forEach(l -> System.out.println(l));
> Assert.assertFalse(lines.anyMatch(line -> line.contains("Exception")));

Ah! Clever! Thanks for the tip!