Hi Jan,

There should be some nested exception and log messages that I would
need to see to be able to tell you what is wrong.

My guess is that recovery somehow did not execute properly. I think
the version of Neo4j you are running (1.0-b7?) doesn't have logical
log rotation (judging from line numbers in the stacktrace) so the logs
may get quite large (when modifying/inserting data) over time. Could
you check if there are any "nioneo_logical.log*" in the db store
directory and how big they are?

Starting up after a crash/power cut will result in the recovery
process running (examining the logical log) setting the system in a
consistent state (last committed transaction). There are non-intuitive
ways to break this. For example deleting the logical log file,
starting up with store files and logical logs that don't belong to
each other or (my favorite) open the store files in notepad then click
"save" (sounds implausible? We've had all three happen in the past!).

But right now I would need the nested stacktrace together with a list
of the files in the db store directory (names and how big they are) to
be able to say more about the problem you are experiencing.

Regards,
-Johan