>> There still have another aspect:
>> source argument of git-mv  command must existed.
>> In java  env, refactoring is more common, and IDE maybe not git aware,
>> if so the IDE refactoring will kill the operation.
>> So the follow option maybe not really option.
>> if hg, user can let IDE do rename/move refactor, and do repository
>> operation by self.
>> Please care, at the point, the source not existed.
>
> git will recognize file-moves without any extra commands.  even when you
> changed some lines (package, import..) in the moved file.

I try to make this point clear, all in the list knows someone of Xiang
bad english:)
In another style:
$ checkout
$ log src/color/RGBA.java
$ IDE refactor test.txt
/**
* ide move src/color/RGBA.java to src/color/alpha/RGBA.java
* and this operation git not known
**/
log src/color/RGBA.java
-->not exist
at here, git cannot do any more operation
but hg can still do move operation
//hg move -A src/color/RGBA.java src/color/alpha/RGBA.java

Maybe one question out: why do like this?
simple:
we can believe IDE doing refactoring, but not believe some tool
following the IDE operations.

致敬
向雅