On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 3:33 PM, Rick Bullotta <
rick.bullo...@burningskysoftware.com> wrote:

> a couple other things to be thinking about:
>
> - since we'll all be collaborating in a "mixed environment" of Windows and
> Linux and other, we need to be sensitive to Git settings for CR/LF handling
> when determining what files have changed

There are settings for that ( don't have the exact page on Github Help here
right now)

> - since Git generally pulls down the whole repository, it would probably
> not
> be a great thing to have a single, ever-growing repository of all neo
> versions and branches and experiments.  that could be a real disk space
> hog.
> we should come up with some reasonable convention for when to split
> repositories (major versions?  X.Y versions?)

But you do know about Git in general ? No offense here but its a bit
misplaced. ;) Git is about raw efficiency when it comes to more branches you
can think of, more merges than you have ever wanted in SVN. Think of the
Linux Kernel ..

*Toni Menzel - http://www.okidokiteam.com*