using maven (install it from maven.apache.org)

mvn package

will compile, run the tests and create a jo4neo-version.jar in target

jo4neo doesn't come with this ServiceLoader setup, obviously they want the user
of the library to select the ObjectGraph that they want to use.

So it is just about adding the META-INF/services/... file to your project as
build path.

Cheers

Michael