On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 7:04 PM, Peter Hunsberger <peter.hunsber...@gmail.com
> wrote:

> One question,  and I bet I won't be the only one asking it...
>
> If SQL is the target to mimic, why not "WHERE" instead of "PATTERN"  ?

PATTERN is a new construct, not replacing WHERE. WHERE is still in
there<https://github.com/neo4j/community/blob/pql/pql/src/test/scala/org/neo4j/pql/PqlParserTest.scala#L124>
.

> Otherwise, wouldn't xQuery be perhaps an even more logical target?

Heathen!

Seriously - it's mostly centered around XPath expressions, which are great
for tree structures, but maybe not what we need for our complex patterns. I
can't really see what's left of XQuery if you remove the XPath parts. Do
you have any concrete ideas I could ponder over?

Thanks a lot for your feedback - it makes our lives much easier when people
are vocal about their opinions!

Andrés