> I'd say the strongest part of Cypher is the "ascii art" pattern where you
> clearly see what you're querying for, right there and then without having
> to parse it into a graph into your head. Removing that would reduce my
> interest in this language significantly.

I strongly agree with this. It's EASY to see the relationships and
their direction with the syntax right now.

(cani)<-[:HAS]-(more)-[:CHEEZ]->(burger)

I glance that and instantly figure out what it's trying to say. The SQL-
like examples I've seen so far aren't coming even close, IMHO. And
as the query complexity increases, I think the advantage Cypher's
syntax has increases even more.

Additionally I don't find adding a join keyword to a query language that
queries a data store that has no joins better in any shape or form.

-TPP