Hi Raj,

I have tried to configure it using mod_proxy_ajp. The only changes that I made
is to add the following line into proxy_ajp.conf under /etc/httpd/conf.d/ (i'm
using FC5):
    LoadModule proxy_ajp_module modules/mod_proxy_ajp.so

    ProxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009

This seems to be working for non-ssl. I can access my module in the following:
http://www.mallo.com/customer/
apache & tomcat access_log indicates that everything is ok.

However, when trying to access modules that require ssl port ":8443" appears
automatically the URL (https://www.mallo.com:8443/project/control/main)  and I
noticed the following in the apache access_log:
192.168.1.65 - - [18/Aug/2007:20:49:13 +0800] "GET
/project/control/main?externalLoginKey=EL994157896198 HTTP/1.1" 302 -
"http://www.mallo.com/customer/control/editCustomer?customerId=10000";
"Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070417
Fedora/2.0.0.3-4.fc7 Firefox/2.0.0.3"

After the above message, accessing non-ssl module does not seems to go through
apache (even though I don't see :8080 in the URL) as I don't see any entry in
the apache access_log.

Any idea on how to make it work for https?

Thanks,
Mathius Allo

Raj Saini <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: Yes, I have configured our Ofbiz + Apache
HTTP 2.2 with mod_ajp_proxy.
You will need to enable proxy for httpd and  mod_proxy_ajp within your
virtual hosts. I am doing it Debian way. For a standard httpd.conf
following should work:

1. Enable mod_proxy and mod_proxy_ajp modules in the Apache.

2. Somewhere in the global part of httpd.conf
    #turning ProxyRequests on and allowing proxying from all may allow
        #spammers to use your proxy to send email.

        ProxyRequests Off

                AddDefaultCharset off
                Order deny,allow
                Allow from all
                #Allow from .example.com

        # Enable/disable the handling of HTTP/1.1 "Via:" headers.
        # ("Full" adds the server version; "Block" removes all outgoing
Via: headers)
        # Set to one of: Off | On | Full | Block

        ProxyVia On

3. Inside your virtual host config
-----------------------------------
    ProxyPreserveHost On
    proxyPass / ajp://localhost:8009/
    RewriteEngine On
    RewriteRule ^/(images/.+);jsessionid=\w+$ /$1

That is it you need to make it work.

Thanks,

Raj

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
> >From this blog I'm not sure it's the good solution yet. Do you have valuable
> >experience with it ?
>
> http://getahead.org/blog/joe/2006/02/01/mod_jk_is_dead_long_live_mod_proxy_ajp.html
>
> Jacques
>
> PS : though this links seem good points :
> http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/DOC/Running+Confluence+behind+Apache#comment-16121884
> http://lenya.apache.org/docs/2_0_x/tutorials/mod_proxy_ajp.html
>
> De : "Raj Saini"
>
>> mod_proxy_ajp is another way of doing it with Apache 2.2.x. It is far
>> simpler than mod_jk.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Raj
>> Gautam Deb wrote:
>>
>>> Yes, it is possible. You can use the *mod_jk* Tomcat-Apache plug-in that
>>> handles the communication between Tomcat and Apache. You can refer the link
>>> http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-3.3-doc/mod_jk-howto.html
>>>
>>> This way you can route request to the web container.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Gautam Deb

photos & more.