[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

Can someone tell me how to implement quantity price breaks?  I somehow
thought there a "minOrderQuantity" field and "QTY_DISCOUNT_PRICE", and
"QTY_DISCOUNT_PERCENTAGE"  productPriceTypeIds, in ProductPrice, but I can't
seem to find them now.

I am looking in PriceServices.java and there seems to be some support for
quantity breaks using ProductPriceRule, but because
"optimizeForLargeRuleSet" is hardcoded "false" with no way to change it, it
looks to me like it will be impossibly slow because EVERY product for the
current customer has two price breaks (thats a total of 140,000+ price rules
to sort through).

I'm guessing Price Rules could work. Are the quantity breaks random, or is logical? I mean 1-5qty Full Price, 6-9qty 10% off, 10 or more 15% off?
Or is it more insane like productId A is 1-5, productId B is 1-3? Z 1-500?
Even if appears random, is there some sort of pattern from which you could create groups (Product Classifications)? Product Classifications can be your friend. We have thousands of Product Classifications, yet only a handful of price rules.

In case you didn't realize it price rules add together, and you may have to create offseting rules to get the price where you want it.

Can someone offer guidance or should I modify ProductPrice to suite my needs
and hope that you guys will roll it back in.

Skip