Hi Rashko

Comments inline, these are just my first thoughts I haven't looked at the
code or entities

2008/6/24 Rashko Rejmer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> The status of the item is set to ITEM_CANCELLED and tax adjustments are
> not removed. Instead of this it is created order header adjustment that
> compensates order item sales tax adjustments. This was introduced in
> OFBIZ-461. The reason was that it was not possible to remove
> OrderAdjustment if one part of the adjustment is already
> invoiced(OrderAdjustmentBilling is present).

Instead of creating these balancing adjustments wouldn't it be ok to just
update the OrderAdjustment with the new tax amount?

After quick shipping the order the tax adjustments for the cancelled
> order items are ignored and in the invoice is present only the order
> header tax adjustment that negates the cancelled order item tax
> adjustments. So the invoice total amount is different from the order
> total amount.

This sounds strange because if the order item was cancelled then there
should have been no OrderAdjustmentBillings which would mean we could have
just deleted the order adjustment and not created the balancing adjustments
in the first place.

Even if this will be corrected I was wandering if this is the best
> approach because during order item cancellation it is created only one
> order header tax adjustment for all order item tax adjustments, without
> any information about the Tax authorities.

It sounds like a work around that could do with a better approach

The second problem is that order item editing does not follow this
> pattern. For example if you cancel one order item and then edit the
> price of another order item, then tax adjustments of the previously
> cancelled order item(first one) are removed, It is removed also the
> order header tax adjustment.

Like I said at the top I can't see why we can't just adjust the amounts on
the existing order adjustments, I can't imagine any need to preserve the
original tax amounts.

Regards
Scott