http://www.hotwaxmedia.com

o:801.649.6594
f:801.649.6595

On Jul 2, 2008, at 3:16 AM, Jacques Le Roux wrote:

You are right Judd. The trunk (at least) is not build anymore. So it seems from you research that this dates from 6/18

Please Tim, could you have a look at it ?

TIA

Jacques

From: "Jacques Le Roux" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
From: "juddco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

The 6/18 trunk version is the last one with the ofbiz.jar file in it.

I had some trouble getting the version I had to work, so I'm scrapping the
load, the DB, etc. and starting over with the 6/18 trunk.

I ran ant, and as far as I could tell it was successful. I had some hiccups
You don't need to run ant if you are using a nightly build. This is *the reason* these nightly builds exist. Just follow the instructions on the download page
with the install, and then with running ofbiz. The last line of the log was that the beanshell service ports were not secure. I'm not sure if that's OK or not (as in, I don't know if the startup script had hung or completed).
It's safe enough when testing. This is a reminder for production phase.
My database tables were set up, although they didn't contain any seed or demo data. (I had set it up to run mysql 4 local and the jdbc driver seemed
to be working just fine).
The nightly builds should contain aDerby DB ready to go with demo data, *please read instructions on the download page* ! I'm currently downloading the last trunk nightly build and will let you know if I get any problems
Jacques
Ultimately, I got 404's when I went to
http://dev1.mydomain.com/ecommerce/control/main.

Back to the beginning. If you see anything obvious that I'm missing, I'd love to hear about it. I'm going to stick with the Derby DB until I make sure that the demo works. If you have any pointers for changing from Derby
to MySQL, that would be great too.

Thanks again for the help.

Judd

jacques.le.roux wrote:

Simply upload the jar file and extract it in a new directory, then follow
instructions

Jacques

From: "juddco" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

Thanks.  Just glad to know I'm not crazy.

I'll give it another shot. Any reason I can't just upload the jar file?
Or
do I need to replace the entire contents?

jacques.le.roux wrote:

Ashish,

Judd took http://build.hotwaxmedia.com/builds/ofbiz-trunk-current.zip .
But
There has been a bug commited last night :
http://www.nabble.com/Release-4.0-ofbiz.jar-missing-tt18198738.html

Judd : just reload the new package,  following user ML would have
helped...

Jacques

From: "Ashish Vijaywargiya" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Oh Man,

ofbiz.jar file is generated when you run the "ant".
"ant" (the default target) compiles all java files and at the end it
creates
the ofbiz.jar file in the OFBIZ_HOME directory.

It will be good if you should spend some time in reading the document
available on
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/OFBiz+Documentation +Index.

--
Ashish