I will have a look at it...

Thanlks

Jacques

From: "Arpit Singh Pandya" <arpit.pan...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Yes Amit, Jacques , All

Of course its a general problem, in the current scenario the entity (ProductFeatureIactn) is of no use because of the following reason I have doubts regarding to this entity

    *Doubt* :-
1. If we are not giving the entry of *productId* field of entity ProductFeatureIactn in the *DemoProduct.xml* file, which is needed .
                       what is the use of this without proper entry ?
2. The code which is used to apply this functionality *(ie which features are incompatible or depended with any particular product)* in ProductWorker.java are commented, why so...?
                  3. and also there are some code of no use...??
    I have a proposal for this problem with the solution :-
1. Make an entry of productId in ProductFeatureIactn entity of DemoProduct.xml file. 2. I Uncomment the lines which are in use to implement this functionality *(**ie it will work for functionality, which features are incompatible or depended with any particular product**)* in ecommerce component.
                  3.and also i deleted some code of no use there.

and i even checked it with this changes on ecommerce component which is already described in my previous mail , which is working fine for me.

I have a working patch for this Problem.

what do you think.?
and Please let me know if I am wrong in any point, your comments are most welcome.
Kind Regards
Arpit Singh Pandya

Amit Sharma wrote:
Actually i need that type of functionality which will help to create custom application for me. that's why i gone through where it is implemented.
so i think its general problem and

<ProductFeatureIactn productFeatureId="9000" productFeatureIdTo="9002" productFeatureIactnTypeId="FEATURE_IACTN_INCOMP"/>

because above line should  make sense in DemoProduct.xml
but its not .
After doing this

1. You have to make entry for productId field on ProductFeatureIactn entity like for product say productId="WG-9944"
2. Uncomment line no.  1002, 1003 and 1006 in file ProductWorker.java
3. Comment line no. 1007 and 1008 in file ProductWorker.java

which has explain by Arpit , works fine

please let me know about your views.

Thanks & Regards

Amit Sharma

Jacques Le Roux wrote:
Is this still a problem for you ? I mean is it a general problem ?

Jacques

From: "Amit Sharma" <amit.sha...@hotwaxmedia.com>
Hello Users,

Can somebody help regarding ProductFeatureIactn entity in DemoProduct.xml file of ecommerce application that where we are getting the changes when we put productFeatureIactnTypeId="FEATURE_IACTN_DEPEND" or productFeatureIactnTypeId="FEATURE_IACTN_INCOMP". i thing if we take productFeatureIactnTypeId="FEATURE_IACTN_INCOMP" the following line

<ProductFeatureIactn productFeatureId="9000" productFeatureIdTo="9002" productFeatureIactnTypeId="FEATURE_IACTN_INCOMP"/>

Here 9000 is incompatible with 9002 but i can't get the affect on product WG-9944 and WG-9943 in which both the features are applied.

So please help me to figure it out , how it works.

Thanks in advance

Amit Sharma

Amit Sharma wrote:
Hello all,

I was reviewing DemoProduct.xml of ecommerce.

Can anybody tell me what is the use of ProductFeatureIactn entity.

Thanks and Regards

Amit Sharma