Jacques

From: "Bruno Busco" <bruno.bu...@gmail.com>
Why postpone it?
Will we not be able to close this in february/march?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&&pid=12310500&fixfor=12313602&resolution=-1&sorter/field=issuekey&sorter/order=DESC

-Bruno

2009/2/23 Jacques Le Roux <jacques.le.r...@les7arts.com>:
In Ubuntu world they use LTS concept (Long Time Support) which means 5 (yes
five!) years of guaranteed support on these specific versions (there are
already 2 of them : 6.06 and 8.04).
Of course OFBiz is not an OS and I think we will never support a release 5
years (how could we do with the lack of manpower we still have despite of
all wonderful efforts we have seen taking place since the beginning of this
project).
So I guess we will simply have releases (or versions, like 9.3, but I guess
we will postpone its release, hence the number will change) and the trunk as
it's already done.
In one word a version will be
either
  trunk.releaseNumber
either
  versionNumber.releaseNumber (like 9.3.999999)

Note that the footer shows already this information if you run the ant
svninfo target after your build

If we are all ok with this description (David?) I could add this to
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBADMIN/Release+Plan
And I think we should at least update title in
http://docs.ofbiz.org/display/OFBIZ/OFBiz+4.X+and+5.0

HTH

Jacques

From: "BJ Freeman" <bjf...@free-man.net>