hey guys,

im trying to get solr running with ofbiz. The solr server is running - good.

Now I want solr to index the specific data from my database, so i added the
fields to my schema.xml.

Now Im thinking about the way to connect.

the normal way, which is described in solr wiki is about the entity within
the db-data-config.xml.

But this entity includes the DB connection (hard coded) and the SQL Querey
(hard coded). That I do not want. I want to use the existing DB-connection
and existing entities of ofbiz. Maybe I want to write a service to index the
data.

So do you know, how I can tell Solr to use an existing DB connection and
entity?

And if I write a service, lets say in java, how can I send the data than to
Solr? With SolrJ? But with SolrJ I have to connect via http, whcih I think
is to bad on an existing local server...

what do you think? How have you handled it?

Thanks, Robert