That's great news Nick! Performance will improve more when you switch to R13. There have been a lot of performance improvements since R10.

Adrian Crum
Sandglass Software
www.sandglass-software.com

On 2/13/2014 4:06 AM, Nick Rosser wrote:
All,

I thought I'd share some encouraging news from a recent implementation
we were involved in:

  * we built a site for a Philly based jeweler who has some unique
    products geared for Valentine's Day
  * they start their sale on 1-Jan, it typically gains real momentum by
    the end of Jan, and peaks around the 11th, 12th Feb
  * peak #visitors (day): 20,000
  * peak #pageviews (day): 150,000
  * peak #orders (day): ~4000
  * peak #concurrent users: 275

And perhaps the most impressive fact around performance was that during
peak the site was flying, no noticeable difference if there was a single
user or 275 concurrent users.

My conclusion is that the OFBiz caching model works really well when
configured correctly (together with good memory allocation and
settings). We also spent a great deal of time tuning our BigFish
solution, specifically around the usage of the entity model layer
(really just making sure we always use cache calls). We logged all SQL
calls, and then analyzed the code to remove a second execution of any
SQL call (since it should be cached). The Grinder was used to monitor
and gauge performance improvements. All in all very encouraging and
gives great confidence of marketing this solution into the largest
organizations.

I would personally like to thank the key committers who built the
caching functionality -- it's a little tricky to understand, use and
configure but once that is overcome it works impressively.

We have been involved in some IBM Websphere Commerce implementations and
I'm really beginning to wonder why the software and implementations are
10-20 times more expensive. With OFBiz we have an enterprise solution,
with affordability for a small business.

I'd be interested in any stories in the community around performance and
high levels of order taking --- these case studies can really increase
adoption of OFBiz. Stability and scalability are often at the top of
anyone's list when looking at a new platform. Any stories out there?

Check out the site: www.ihatestevensinger.com. It's built using our
BigFish solution. More at http://bigfish.solveda.com.

Nick