Hi Ted,

I'm still in full-doofus mode regarding OFBiz and its capabilities for
integrating with third-party services/apps from various
frameworks/languages.  I'm not even strong enough on the uptake to know
whether something like the ASF's Camel project might be stepping in the
right direction.

I haven't thought much about UML diagramming tools since I used the old
Rational Rose product while doing some Struts 1.x web app programming
(over 10 years ago).  I'm afraid that when it comes to
design/development/implementation this tech writer is always playing
catch-up with the professionals.  Documentation is my strength.

That said, diagramming some use cases in UML would be an important
consideration for coming up with answers to various questions that
C-levels might have while conducting OFBiz cost-benefit analyses.  I
know that Ruth Hoffman wrote a great introductory book about high-level
OFBiz ecommerce functionality, a solid jumping-off point for business
managers who are as IT-non-savvy as I am.

I am among the demographic of end users for such hand-holding
documentation.  How can another OFBIz-related project help potential end
users take that next step from Hoffman's introductory book toward
practical milestones?

Perhaps gathering requirements would be a reasonable place to start.  I
will evaluate options for hosting such a collaborative documentation
project (question for OFBiz site admins: is there a sandbox area in the
wiki that is available?)

I sense a tiny bit of traction.  Here's hoping it gets beyond just a few
people talking around one another.