On Feb 17, 2014, at 3:40 PM, Nick Rosser <nros...@solveda.com> wrote:

> So what's the final word on this?
>
> Seems like we have mostly "yeahs" for this change.

This doesn't seem an accurate summary of the feedback received: Jacques and
Pierre expressed a positive feedback; Christian seems neutral; I am against; no
one else expressed an opinion yet.
It is really too early to come up to such a conclusion.

> Can we get it done?

I understand that companies are interested in getting free marketing (SEO
etc..) from independent and authoritative sources like the official OFBiz site
and the ASF in general, and this adds some pressure on the OFBiz PMC and
project. However, as I already stated, I will be against any changes, e.g.,
adding a link on the "top menu", that may convey the impression that the
project officially supports or even approves any content on which there is no
control, e.g., the content of wiki documents.

Specifically, the links you want to add in the top menu point to the following
documents:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+Service+Providers
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Apache+OFBiz+User+List

for which there is no control or rules on who, what and how information can be
published, and there are links that potentially violate the trademarks policy
of OFBIZ and ASF.
After a cursory review of the content of these documents I would be even
tempted to propose the removal of the links from the documentation page, rather
than adding them to the top menu (and I am a bit surprised to see that a PMC
member may be in favor of adding them there).

Regards,

Jacopo