Am 19.02.2016 um 16:52 schrieb Chris Green:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2016 at 04:27:09PM +0100, Klaas Freitag wrote:
>> Am 19.02.2016 um 14:07 schrieb Chris Green:
>>> When I open my Owncloud Client (version 2.1.1) the 'Add Folder Sync
>>> Connection' button is greyed out.  If I hover the mouse over it then
>>> the tooltip says:-
>>>
>>>     Add folder is disabled because you are already syncing all your
>>>     files.  If you want to sync multiple folders then please remove
>>>     the currently configured root folder.
>>>
>>> Well, I removed the "currently configured root folder" but as soon as
>>> I add a folder back then *it* becomes the "currently configured root
>>> folder" and I still have the same limitation that I had before.
>>
>> If you sync the _entire_ ownCloud to your desktop you can not pick a
>> subfolder from that additionally to sync.
>>
> Er, what "_entire_ ownCloud"?  I maybe understand you but I'm not sure.
>
> I'm starting from scratch and I haven't put *anything* into the file
> storage.  I want to simply select (say) two folders from my home
> directory on my desktop (say /home/chris/bin and /home/chris/holidays)
> and share them with my laptop.  Can't I do that?

Yes, indeed you can! The easiest is to do it like that:
- open the Web interface of your ownCloud
- create two folders "bin" and "holidays" on the server
- in the sync client folder config, pick a local folder on the first page
- on the second page of the config dialog, you will see the two new
directories on the server, pick the one you want to fill with the local
content
- ACK that
- Do the same for the other one.

The sync client will upload the contents of the local dirs to the storage.

ownCloud by default 'thinks' the other way round, as in "you want to
sync the data from the cloud to your client". The good news is that also
the other way round is possible.

regards,

Klaas