Good. I already typed it, so let me paste it for the benefit of others. We need
to update the doc also. If you don’t mind, can you create a JIRA to track this?

  1.  Go to RangerAdmin UI -> AccessManager (first menu tab is already opened
by default)
  2.  Click on “+” in the HDFS panel title
  3.  Enter Service Name: e.g. “${cluster_name}_hdfs. Cluster name could be
anything. You can call the repo “test_hdfs” if you want to
  4.  UserName: ranger  (doesn’t matter whether it exists because you are not
using kerberos)
  5.  Password: ranger (doesn’t matter what you give)
  6.  Namenode URL: hdfs://<namenode_host>:8020
  7.  Authorization Enabled: No
  8.  Authentication Type: Simple
  9.  Rest you can leave it as default.

Save this screen. Then use the same name e.g “test_hdfs” in your
install.properties for enabling Ranger in HDFS. Then restart namenode.

Is the plugin request showing up in the Audit->Plugin tab?

If the plugin is showing up, then that means authorization and auditing is
already working.

For configuring policies, we need to configure UserSync. The install/configure
process is same for all processes. You need to update the install.properties
with the appropriate values.
Set  SYNC_SOURCE = ldap
And check the section "Table: LDAP/AD Properties with sample values” for
reference values.

Please note that for using LDAP within Hadoop, you need to configure Hadoop
core-site.xml to use LDAP. You might be already knowing it. Just want to make
sure.

Thanks

Bosco