Hello Ashoka,

"Learning Spark," from O'Reilly, is certainly a good start, and all basic video
tutorials from Spark Summit Training, "Spark Essentials", are excellent
supplementary materials.

And the best (and most effective) way to teach yourself is really firing up the
spark-shell or pyspark and doing it yourself—immersing yourself by trying all
basic transformations and actions on RDDs, with contrived small data sets.

I've discovered that learning Scala & Python through their interactive shell,
where feedback is immediate and response is quick, as the best learning
experience.

Same is true for Scala or Python Notebooks interacting with a Spark, running in
local or cluster mode.

Cheers,

Jules

Sent from my iPhone