for hands-on, check out the end-to-end reference data pipeline available
either from the github or docker repo's described here:

http://advancedspark.com/

i use these assets to training folks of all levels of Spark knowledge.

also, some relevant videos and slideshare presentations, but might be a bit
advanced for Spark n00bs.

--

*Chris Fregly*
Principal Data Solutions Engineer