Mohammed and I both obviously have a certain bias here but I have to agree with
him - the documentation is pretty good but other sources are necessary to
supplement. (Good) books are a curated source of information that can short-cut
a lot of the learning.
Robin East
Spark GraphX in Action Michael Malak and Robin East
Manning Publications Co.
http://www.manning.com/books/spark-graphx-in-action