since spark is under actively developing, so take a book to learn it is
somehow outdated to some degree.

I would like to suggest learn it from several ways as bellow:

   - spark official document, trust me, you will go through this for
   several time if you want to learn in well : http://spark.apache.org/
   - spark summit, lots of videos and slide, high quality :
   https://spark-summit.org/
   - databricks' blog : https://databricks.com/blog
   - attend spark meetup : http://www.meetup.com/
   - try spark 3-party package if needed and convenient :
   http://spark-packages.org/
   - and I just start to blog my spark learning memo on my blog:
   http://litaotao.github.io

in a word, I think the best way to learn it is official *document +
databricks blog + others' blog ===>>> your blog [ tutorial by you or just
memo for your learning ]*

--
a spark lover, a quant, a developer and a good man.

http://github.com/litaotao