Unless I'm missing something in your question, the answer is that you can access the elements in the request object, they should still be there when the submission gets to your Action.

From: "Matt Bathje" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: getting non-struts form elements
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 16:44:44 -0500

Hi all.

I have a form that is not a struts form bean (no actionform, no dynaform,
nothing...)

Is it possible to have this submit to a struts action, and read the form
elements somehow? I need to be able to read simple (String) elements as well
as multi-part (formfile) elements from the form.

Any way to do it in struts, or do I just need to give up and make something
non-struts to do it?

Thanks,
Matt Bathje