Frank:

I know better than to join in these (un)holy wars, but I don't know anything about
ultra-edit so am curious: ultra-edit doesn't have command completion, does it? That's
almost the only thing I have found I like about an IDE, and feel I can't do without..

..but i agree with you: ultimately it's the coder and not the tools that count..:)
Geeta