Instead of you putting all the jar files in the WEB-INF/lib folder
I would suggest that create a directory structure for libraries aoutside
WEB-INF
Advantages  of this is this approach is cleaner and easily mantainable
as
You can add any new libraries with minimum of effort

e.g the directory structure may look like

Application
    libraries
        struts
        hibernate
    Web-inf
        lib
        classes

And then use ant to include the jars in the classpath. All the web
containers garantee that if you
put the path of all the libraries using the manifest.mf (which is
created when you create ur
Application's WAR file) then the web container will include them in ur
application's classpath

A sample ant target for including the path of libraries in manifest.mf
is given below
        <jar
            basedir="${jar.dir}"
            jarfile="myweb.war"
            excludes="**/*"
            update="true">
            <manifest>
                <attribute
                    name="Class-Path"
                    value="${project.manifest.classpath}"/>
            </manifest>
        </jar>

Where ${project.manifest.classpath}  contains the path of all the
libraries. This has to be relative to web application root and not
absolute path

myweb.war  --  the application's war file
${jar.dir} -- the directory from which to jar the files

Please revert to me in case you require any other details

Thanks,
Satish Kataria