well... saying how it works would take all the afternoon to write the email.. but basically

there is an admin website where edtors write contents
and the frontend website where user read the contents

To prevent the webserver/DB server to crash under load, all main contents (homepage, top news and top pics, netcastings) are all cached inside the webserver cache (ASP.NET provides a native cache that stores both objects and rendered webpages)

when an editor writes a news, it is stored both into a DB and a webservice is called to invalidate a certain cache, so that is reloaed and the user reads immediately the new contents without having to wait for the cache to auto-reload

This is the same for mediafiles

for the menu and the homepage contents it's a bit different:
when the editor compose the menu or choose the contents of the homepage another webservice is called and a page fragment is written on the disk so that i can be accessed as a static html file.

All was developed for lowering the load on the web server at the maximum...

Simone

Michel Van Asten wrote:

Hi,

I found this experience really interresting and I would like to know how you manage the flow of your application...

Regards,

Michel Van Asten