If you would like a simpler, and more general, solution that does the same thing, try http://wiki.apache.org/struts/StrutsCatalogFiveMultipleButtonSolutions . However, if you like MappingDispatchAction anyway, which I would find odd but you may find even, you can do whatever you like, but you have to generate the correct path with your button or form.

Michael

O. Oke wrote:

If it is "/updateCustomer", it means I will have to a
separate jsp for each mapping.  This will defeat the
purpose of using MappingDispatchAction.  It seems to
me that your suggestion is only applicable to
subclasses of Action, not MappingDispatchAction .

I am asking because I am using MappingDispatchAction for my project.

Thank you.

--- Hubert Rabago <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

1.  The action attribute of the form tag should
point to the action
that will process the form upon submission.  In your
case, it looks
like it would be "/updateCustomer", but I'm just
guessing.

2. I usually just put <html:submit value="Submit"/>
or "Save" or
something similar there because I usually have only
one submit button.
If you're asking because you read something about
this button mapped
to that method, that's LookupDispatchAction. MappingDispatchAction is
a lot easier to deal with when it comes to mapping
methods, IMO. :)

Hubert

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 15:26:56 +0100 (BST), O. Oke