Then add in that most html generators suck at generating fast, w3c compliant
code and you have a real mess on your hands.
Take any .net site developed with MS's so called tools... they in general are
NOT w3c compliant, and monkeys on keyboards could generate better code.
Then modifying it all... yuck. Nope.. hand coding is much faster.